* * CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29 for the Thanksgiving holiday. * *
You are here
Preschool through Third-Grade Education (P-3)
- Kindergarten School Readiness Data Reporting (PDF)
Passed in 2008, SB 08‐212, Colorado Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K) requires that all state funded preschool and kindergarten students have an individual readiness plan informed by a Colorado State Board of Education approved school readiness assessment. CAP4K also requires districts to report school readiness data to the Colorado Department of Education.
- Kindergarten School Readiness Assessment Fact Sheet (PDF)
CAP4K legislation mandates that every child in state funded preschool or kindergarten have an individual readiness plan informed by a Colorado State Board of Education approved school readiness assessment.
- Race to the Top- Early Challenge Fund (PDF)
Students need a high-quality preschool through 12th grade (P-12) education that prepares them to succeed in college and the workforce. Read more about the Race To the Top Early Learning Challenge Fund and what resources and supports it will provide for districts.
- Results Matter: Early Childhood Formative Assessment (PDF)
Results Matter informs instruction for children, is used by administrators of early childhood programs for quality improvement and enables state and federal accountability reporting.
- Early Literacy Grant (PDF)
The Early Literacy Grant is designed to distribute funds to local education agencies to ensure the implementation of scientifically based reading research in all aspects of K-3 literacy instruction.