You are here
Policy Guidance from CDE
As COVID-19 continues to affect all areas of education in Colorado, CDE is shifting policies and requirements and providing resources to guide districts, schools, parents and others through this process. This page will be updated with the most current guidance on the topics below. Additional areas will be added as soon as guidance is developed.
The 2021-22 Integrated Timelines for superintendents and school leaders can be found by following this link. This includes the main tasks associated with implementing the standards, assessments, educator evaluations, the READ Act and accountability requirements.
Jump to a Section:
- Accountability Pause for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 School Years
- H.B. 21-1161: Concerning Suspending Required Statewide Assessments for Selected Grade Levels for the 2020-21 School Year (PDF)
- Note: The state accountability pause language begins on page 3
- Colorado's ESEA Assessment and Accountability Waiver
- COVID-19 Policy Implications Stakeholder Group
- Accountability Work Group
- May 18, 2020 U.S. Department of Education Fact Sheet: Providing Services to English Learners During the COVID-19 Outbreak (PDF) - U.S. Dept. of Education
- 2020-2021 Interim English Learner Redesignation Procedures (PDF)
- 2020-2021 Interim English Learner Identification and Placement Procedures for the identification of English Learners (ELs) during periods of suspensions of in-person learning due to COVID-19.
- 2020-2021 Distance Learning Guidance to address impacts on instruction for English Learners (ELs) during school closures and distance learning.
- Autism and COVID-19 Resources
- CDE Special Education Office Hours
- Facility Schools COVID-19 Guidance
- Joint Guidance on IDEA Part C and C to B Activities During COVID-19 - Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) and CDE
- Special Education Guidance
- Supplemental Fact Sheet Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities (PDF) - U.S. Department of Education
- CDC’s Public Health Order on Transportation
- School Transportation COVID-19 Signage (PDF)
- School Transportation Exemptions (PDF)
- CDL Testing Units and Drivers License Offices (PDF)
- Annual Inspectors / Annual Inspections
- Cleaning and Disinfecting School Buses
- Drug and Alcohol Testing for Drivers
- Licenses and DOT Physicals for Drivers
- National Assn. of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services Coronavirus Information Report (DOC)
Please email the CDE Communications Division with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org