You are here
Planning for the 2020-21 School Year: A Framework and Toolkit for School and District Leaders
The guidance in the toolkit will be adjusted over the coming weeks based on feedback and the evolving situation with COVID-19.
The content areas below will give you a sense of the areas in which we will be providing guidance. More detailed guidance will be added over time.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to gather feedback, add resources, and expand on these considerations to help you think through these complicated times.
CDE invites your feedback and ideas for this framework and toolkit:
This toolkit is continually updated. In each new update, this area will note key additions or changes since the prior version.
Key updates as of June 22, 2020:
- Executive Orders and Public Health Orders - effective/expiration dates list (Safety Protocols)
- Enforcement of Public Health Orders (Safety Protocols)
- Local Orders and Variance Process (Enforcement of PHO - Safety Protocols)
- Masks and Plexiglass - Students Deaf or Hard of Hearing (Safety Protocols)
- Online Options (2020-21 School Scenarios)
- Family Engagement in the 2020-21 Opening of Schools (Family Preparation)
- Local boards, schools/districts encouragement to partner with key stakeholders (Overview - Teacher, Staff, and Family Preparation)
- CRF Update (Funding)
- CARES Act Expenditure Types vs Funding Sources