You are here
Educator Talent Rules Feedback
CDE is currently seeking public comment on revisions to the Rules for the Administration of the Educator Licensing Act of 1991, 1 CCR 301-37.
This rulemaking process has been initiated as a result of stakeholder input and a need for technical clean-up. These rule amendments are intended to:
- Align and reduce redundancies in language usage in definitions
- Ensure statutory alignment of language to the rules
- Streamline online educator application procedures for in and out-of-state educators
- Offer an additional pathway to obtaining the Master Teacher Certificate
- Strengthen processes for the authorization and reauthorization of educator preparation programs
- Correct numbering and reference errors
For detailed information supporting this item, please see the following items in Board Docs:
- Clean version of the Rules for the Administration of the Educator Licensing Act of 1991
- Red-lined version of the Rules with notated changes
- Crosswalk for these rules with statute
- Best in Class: Five Principles of Effective Educator Preparation (referenced in rules)
How to Submit Feedback
- Complete the form below by Friday, April 10, 2020.
- As an alternative, you or members of your staff may attend the rulemaking hearings during the State Board of Education meetings in May 2020 to provide oral testimony. View Board meeting agendas.
- You may also provide written comment to the rules via email@example.com through May 12, 2020.
For additional information, please see the Educator Talent – Policy Update page.