You are here
October 2023 Update
Welcome to the CDE Update! This monthly publication for district superintendents and BOCES directors will show you what is happening in key priority areas at CDE and include details on implementation, milestones, deadlines and resources.
If you have any feedback regarding the CDE Update, email CDE_Communications_Office@cde.state.co.us.
- All school and district UIPs for the 2023-24 school year are due for public posting and/or CDE review on Monday, Oct. 16. Newly identified sites, Year 1, ESSA Comprehensive Support and sites participating in request to reconsider may request an extension. See the guidance for additional details.
- Districts choosing to participate in the request to reconsider process must submit additional evidence in the Accreditation Portal by Monday, Oct. 16. Guidance and tools for submission are available on the CDE website.
- CMAS assessment administration training for District Assessment Coordinators will be held virtually in October. Specific registration details, including training dates, will be sent directly to District Assessment Coordinators.
- View the School Finance Town Halls and Trainings webpage for upcoming training sessions and recordings of past training sessions.
Non-public schools may be entered into the Data Pipeline starting Tuesday, Oct. 3. The collection closes Friday, Dec. 1.
The Student End of Year snapshot is in the Cross-LEA phase of the collection. The Post Cross LEA validation phase will occur Thursday, Oct. 19, through Thursday, Nov. 16. The final approval deadline is Nov. 30.
- Registration is open for the free 2023 Equity and Excellence Conference: “Strengthening and Expanding Practices: All Students and All Educators Emerging Stronger” The conference will be Wednesday, Nov. 1 to Thursday, Nov. 2.
The second round of applications for the Stronger Connections Grant is open through Friday, Dec. 15. Application materials will be available on the Stronger Connections Grant webpage.
The 2023-24 Empowering Action for School Improvement application is available. Schools identified for state and/or federal improvement are eligible for this opportunity. For more information, see the current EASI application.
- All school districts that implement the federal National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs opted into the Healthy School Meals for All program that will provide free lunch and breakfast for public school students. Read more about the districts that opted in in CDE’s news release: https://www.cde.state.co.us/communications/newsreleasehsma.
- The Office of Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness will host regional tours around the state to facilitate strategic conversations around postsecondary and workforce readiness programming. The first tour will be in Alamosa on Tuesday, Oct. 24.
- A Recruitment Webinar for the Innovative Learning Opportunities Pilot Program will be at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31. This webinar will provide information on the ILOP Program, how to apply and current schools/districts will share about their ILOP programming.
- The Automatic Enrollment in Advanced Courses Grant will open in late October. This grant is available to help districts, schools and BOCES increase student enrollment in advanced coursework.
- Due to the Teacher Training Completion reporting requirement, distribution of 2023-24 READ Act funds will begin fall of 2023.
- View the Improving Mathematics Outcomes in K-12 webpage for information on House Bill 23-1231 and the various programs and supports available to improve mathematics outcomes and accelerate achievement. A fact sheet is also available.