You are here
August 2023 CDE Update
Welcome to the CDE Update! This monthly publication for district superintendents and BOCES directors will show you what is happening in key priority areas at CDE and include details on implementation, milestones, deadlines and resources.
If you have any feedback regarding the CDE Update, email CDE_Communications_Office@cde.state.co.us.
- Academic Growth and Preliminary frameworks are expected to be sent to districts in late August. Preliminary ratings will be posted on CDE’s website approximately a week later. Accountability resources are available here.
- The State Board of Education will review and approve applications for schools designated as Alternative Education Campuses at their meeting on Aug. 16 and 17. Visit the AEC website for more information.
- All districts must submit the Accreditation Form indicating accreditation ratings for their schools by September 22. Accreditation and request to reconsider guidance and opportunities for support are available here.
- In late August, the 2023-2024 school and district pre-populated reports will be updated in the Unified Improvement Plan Online System.
- All school and district UIPs will be due for public posting and/or CDE review on Oct.16. The state will review plans for identified schools and districts thereafter.
- Family, School and Community Partnerships Contacts Submit any updates and changes to the district FSCP contact to ensure important updates, notifications and communications are received.
- State assessment results will be presented and publicly released at the Aug. 17 State Board of Education meeting. Confidential student, school and district results were made available to schools and districts throughout June and July. Click here for more information.
- An assessment communication toolkit is available to help districts and schools communicate with families about CMAS, PSAT and SAT scores.
- District personnel changes may require the appointment of new District Assessment Coordinators or District Technology Coordinators . Click here for the DAC Appointment Form. Click here for the DTC Appointment Form.
- The 2023-2024 Student Demographics, Student School Association, and Graduation Guidelines files are now open. The Student October Snapshot opens Aug. 25th.
- Review draft edits to the School Finance Rules (1 CCR 301-39) and submit feedback in this survey. Please note that this feedback process is NOT a part of a formal rulemaking process. The notice of rulemaking will be voted on by the State Board of Education, after the department gathers feedback on these proposed revisions.
- Communications resources for Healthy School Meals for All are available here. The materials are designed to support districts in encouraging families to complete the household income form.
- CDE is seeking nominations for youth representatives to the standards review and revision process as required by Senate Bill 23-008, Youth Involvement Educational Standards Review.
- The free READ Act principal/administrator training will be available Thursday, Aug. 10. Districts must ensure school principals and district administrators complete required training by Aug. 1, 2024. An informational webinar on the training will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 10.
- The free READ Act updated teacher training will be available Tuesday, Aug. 1. Districts must ensure K-3rd grade teachers hired on or after June 1, 2023 and 4th-12th grade reading interventionists as defined by the READ Act complete the required training by Aug. 1, 2024.
- Read Act Data Pipeline collections are open throughout August. Click here for more information on READ Data Pipeline collection. For questions related to the READ Data Pipeline collections, please contact the READ Act Data Team at READActData@cde.state.co.us
- The Office of Postsecondary & Workforce Readiness's next town hall is Aug. 16, at 2 p.m. The office will share updates to its programs and grants as well as its upcoming schedule for the 2023-24 year.
- The Office of Postsecondary & Workforce Readiness will hold PWR Symposia across the state this school year. Check dates and register on the PWR Symposia page.
- School Counselor Corps Grant meetings and training begin in August. Check approaching dates and register on the SCCG website.
- The 2023 Think Big Conference, hosted by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, will take place on August 28-30 in Loveland, Colorado. The conference will feature training and technical assistance on work-based learning, registered apprenticeship and more.