You are here
COVID-19 Transportation Guidance
CDE's top priority is the health and safety of all students, educators and communities in Colorado. The department has compiled school transportation-related resources below to help provide guidance to schools and districts during this time.
Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
The 2021-2022 Type A, Multifunction, Small Vehicle Activity/Route testing materials were sent to district/charters and service providers on May 6, 2021. If you did not receive this email, please contact Susan Miller.
The 2021-2022 Type A, Multifunction, Small Vehicle Activity Operator On-line class is now available below - under CDE Guides.
The 2021-2022 Transportation Forms are now available on this website - Forms/Transportation Forms
- Thomas Training! https://thomasbuiltbuses.com/bus-news-and-events/events/thomas-built-institute/
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) just released the 2020 DERA School Bus Rebate awards, which can be accessed via the following link: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-awards-105-million-clean-473-school-buses-40-states.
- The next round of funding through ALT Fuels Colorado will open May 3rd, 2021 and remain open through July 30th, 2021 Matt Goble Regional Air Quality Council email@example.com ALT Fuels Colorado
- NHTSA Recalls - See School Bus Fleet and Technicians Toolbox
- View News Archive
FMCSA Entry Level Driver Training - ELDT
- NEW CDE ELDT Instructor Class Registration is now open - closes May 21, 2021
- NEW CDE Annual Inspector Introductory Class and Hands-On Tester Certification/Recertification Class Registration is now open - closes May 21, 2021
- NEW CDE Supervisor Class Registration is now open - closes May 21, 2021
COVID Related Information
- UPDATED Emergency Evacuation Exemption - March 2021
- DRAFT Guidance from CDE about school transportation for 2020-21
- Given the extraordinary circumstances associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, the CDC has recommended that buses provide clearly visible signage to communicate the symptoms students should not have if traveling on a bus. These are recommendations, not requirements. If indeed a school district, charter school, or service provider determines that they wish to provide this signage 1 CCR 301-25, rule 26.08 outlines the requirements that must be met. Additionally, CDE has issued guidance with pre-approval for COVID-related signage as long as it is in the specified locations and meets all other requirements of the rule to this rule. CDE Pre-Approval of COVID 19 School Transportation Signage
- COVID-19 Transportation Q & A
- Includes guidance on Cleaning/Disinfecting, Annual Inspectors/Annual Inspections, Drug and Alcohol Testing, et
- CDE Online Small Vehicle Activity Operator Course
- 2020 CDE School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2021 CDE Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Route and Activity Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Transportation Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2021 CDE Annual Inspection and Maintenance Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2021 Qualification Files - Documentation Required (PDF)
- 2021 - 2022 License and Training Matrix (PDF)
- CDE - 40 Audit Resource Guide and Claim Form (PDF)
- 2018 Colorado School Bus Driver Trainer Guide (PDF)
- Colorado Traction Law Updates
- Colorado Interactive Driver History (DOC) (MVR Service)
- Clarifications and concerns on Railroad Crossings in the State (DOC)
- Child Restraint Systems on School Bus (NHTSA)
- Colorado Child Passenger Safety Law
- NHTSA - School Bus Driver In-Service Refresher Modules
- Colorado Safe Routes to School
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA)
- Safe Routes to School Guide: Determining School Bus Stops
- Kansas Illegal Passing Survey
- Colorado Department of Transportation Restrictions and Maps
- NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) - NEW School Bus Driver On-Line Curriculum