You are here
Expanded Learning Opportunities (ELO)
The ELO grant was awarded to grantees in September 2022. A list of grant recipients and program descriptions may be found here.
What are Expanded Learning Opportunities?
Expanded Learning Opportunities (ELO), sometimes referred to as Out-of-School Time (OST), are programs or initiatives offered by schools or community-based organizations that allow students different opportunities to accelerate, enrich, or strengthen their engagement in learning beyond their normal school program or school day. Examples include, but are not limited to, before and after school programs, summer programs, extended school days, and fifth-day academies.
The article Supporting Student Success Through Afterschool Programs by the National Conference of State Legislatures offers current information on the research that supports ELOs, current funding models for these programs, and additional resources.
Overview of the ELO Grant Program
This ESSER grant funding opportunity seeks to accelerate student learning and strengthen student engagement in that learning by:
- Providing students with comprehensive out-of-school time programs, including after school and during the summer, that build upon a student’s school-day instruction to provide the continuity necessary to meet their academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Providing students a safe and healthy environment where additional educational enrichment services, programs, and activities are offered to students, particularly those who are disproportionately adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Offering families of students served opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, to ultimately positively impact student academic outcomes.
- Providing students and their families with a deeper connection to their school and community, allowing them to understand and take advantage of the full breadth of school and community supports and opportunities available to them.
Contact Robert Beauchamp
Expanded Learning Opportunities Manager
Or call 720-595-4893
Contact Anissa El Bialy
Grants Fiscal Analyst
Application Process Questions:
Contact Kim Burnham
Grants Program Administration Supervisor
Or call 720-607-1495
Resources for Grantees
- Shared drive with resources for Expanded Learning Opportunity Grantees, including:
- Meeting recordings and powerpoints
- Important Dates and Deadlines vrs1 (PDF)
- List of Grantees and Program Descriptions
Budget Revision Instructions March 2023
Data Reporting Resources
- Syncplicity Instructions secure data file sharing (i.e. attendance reports).
- Student Attendance Template (program attendance reporting is required, this template is an optional resource available)
- End-of-Year Data Reporting An overview of the data reporting elements for planning purposes
Connect With Us