You are here
COVID-19 and Preschool planning for the 2021-22 School Year
Remote Learning Options for State Funded Preschool in the 2021-2022 School Year as a Result of COVID-19 Health Concerns outlines the required approval, assurances and documentation that must be in place for the 2021-22 school year for children enrolled in state funded preschool to access remote learning for children enrolled in the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) and Preschool Special Education.
Results Matter Assessment During the 2020-21 School Year
Results Matter Guidance for Remote Learning in Preschool 2020-2021 - This guidance has been prepared by the CDE Preschool Team to support the implementation of Results Matter during the re-opening of schools using data collected through a variety of means will continue to help inform instruction.
Results Matter improves outcomes for Colorado’s youngest children by helping teachers, administrators, families, and other education stakeholders use authentic assessment data to inform classroom instruction as well as program and policy decision-making.
Who participates in Results Matter?
- Preschool Special Education*
- Colorado Preschool Program*
- Child Care Centers
- Family Child Care Homes
- Head Start
- Early Head Start
- Charter School Preschool Programs
(*participation in the Results Matter system is required)
CDE recently expanded the list of assessment choices for Results Matter. Comprehensive review of current vendors and those applying for a place on the menu of Approved Assessments for Results Matter was recently completed. You can learn more about the selection process, review decisions, and vendor responses based on the Approval Criteria for Results Matter Assessments web page.
Results Matter Components
- Authentic Child Assessment - At the heart of Results Matter is a developmentally appropriate assessment that provides valid, meaningful, and representative information about young children.
- Professional Learning - Teachers are assessors in the implementation of Results Matter. To ensure authentic assessment is used with fidelity, strong professional development is essential. Results Matter makes available a variety of professional development resources.
- Implementation - Technology, when used appropriately, can be a powerful tool in early childhood education. What’s particularly beneficial for educators and families who participate in Results Matter is that they have access to an online assessment platform that provides real-time reporting and digital portfolios.
- Data Analysis - Results Matter provides meaningful assessment data that can be used to make decisions at every level.