You are here
Each Education Provider that receives a grant through the program shall report the following information to the Department each year during the term of the grant:
- 2.01 (6)(a) The number of School Counselors hired using grant moneys;
- 2.01(6)(b) Any professional development programs provided using grant moneys;
- 2.01(6)(c) Any other services provided using grant moneys:
- 2.01(6)(d) A comparison of the dropout rates, postsecondary and workforce readiness rates, and the college matriculation and remediation rates, if applicable, at the recipient schools for the years prior to the receipt of the grant and the years for which the Education Provider receives the grant; and 2.01 (6)(e) Information indicating an increase in the level of postsecondary preparation services provided to students at recipient schools, such as the use of individual career and academic plans or enrollment in pre-collegiate preparation programs or postsecondary or vocational preparation programs.
Funds may be used to supplement and not supplant moneys currently being used to provide counseling activities such as:
- Licensed school counselor salaries and benefits
- Postsecondary preparatory services and programs
- In-state professional development to include but not limited to the counselors and staff of the funded schools.
- Professional development shall align with the goals of the School Counselor Corps grant program.
- Out-of-state travel must be pre-approved at least one-month prior to travel.
- All computer equipment must be pre-approved and included on budget.
No indirect costs or incentives are an allowable use of School Counselor Corps Grant funds.
Career Conversations Resources
American School Counselor Association Resources
- American School Counselor Association
- ASCA Model Overview
- ASCA Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success
School Counselor Corps Grant Resources
- Careers in Colorado
- Elementary School Quality Indicators
- Elementary Career Counseling
- Environmental Scan
- Middle School Quality Indicators
- Needs Assessment Samples
- High School Quality Indicators
- School Counselor Framework
- School Counselor Corps Rules
- School Counselor Corps - Year One
- SMART Goal Worksheet
- SMART Goal Worksheet ASCA
- Early Experiences and Lessons Learned
- SCCG Fact Sheet
Brooke Morgan, School Counseling Specialist
(303) 923-0966 | Morgan_B@cde.state.co.us
Jennicca Mabe, School Counseling Specialist
(303) 923-0974 | Mabe_J@cde.state.co.us