You are here
Work Based Learning and Career Development
New WBL Community of Practice Kickoff April 20 @ 2pm
CDE, CTE, and CWDC are collaborating to create a WBL Community of Practice for next school year. The April kickoff is our launch party where we want to hear what YOUR needs are!
- Tell us what questions you need answered about WBL
- Discuss methods for sharing resources and best practices
- Share input on the new WBL Community of Practice schedule and structure
- Help us design something that will be invaluable to YOU!
The PWR of Career Development:
Effective career readiness activities provide students with an opportunity to explore their individual talents and interests, and they can help students understand how those interests intersect with the needs of the labor market. These activities can also equip students with critical opportunities to enhance their skills and earn industry-recognized credentials to improve employability.
- Career & Technical Education programs are developed to prepare learners for specific industries.
- Work-Based Learning Programs create opportunities for learners to get experiential career development outside of the classroom.
- Labor Market alignment ensures that education programs prepare learners for the skills and competencies needed in today’s workforce.
Business and education leaders from around the state met in 2016 to develop the statewide description of Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness: "Colorado High School graduates demonstrate the knowledge and skills (competencies) needed to success in postsecondary settings and to advance in career pathways as lifelong learners and contributing citizens." During the conversation about PWR, these leaders agreed on essential skills that are necessary for postsecondary success.
Colorado's high school graduates are:
- Problem Solvers
- Community Members
- Empowered Individuals
Career Development strategies support the development of these skills to prepare learners for good jobs.
Condition of Career Readiness in the United States
Connect With Us