The guidance in the toolkit will be adjusted over the coming weeks based on feedback and the evolving situation with COVID-19.
You are here
The Colorado Department of Education is incredibly thankful for the collaborative expertise and creativity of district and school leaders, in partnership with community partners, national organizations and state leadership, that assisted in the creation of the Planning the 2020-21 School Year: A Framework and Toolkit for School and District Leaders.
The department would like to sincerely thank the leadership of the 2020-21 Planning Advisory Committee whose first-hand field experiences will be invaluable to the creation of this framework and toolkit in the months ahead.
Thank you to the students, parents, teachers, principals, superintendents, BOCES, district nutrition, district transportation, district technology, district curriculum and instruction, district school nurse, and district family engagement colleagues who provided thoughtful and honest feedback so that the department may best support all students, schools, and families for fall 2020.
With sincerest appreciation and gratitude, the department would like to thank our close partners who provided endless support and productive feedback throughout the process. It is their leadership and vision that accelerated the department’s ability to provide thorough guidance with research based resources.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Colorado Association of School Boards (CASB)
- Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE)
- Colorado Education Association (CEA)
- Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE)
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE)
- Colorado Rural Alliance
- Colorado State Board of Education
- Commissioner’s Rural Education Council
- Commissioner’s Superintendents Advisory Council (CSAC)
- Commissioner’s Teacher Cabinet
- Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)
- COVID-19 2020-21 School Year Advisory Committee
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Governor Polis’ COVID Innovation Response Team
- Innovation Hub at American Institutes for Research (AIR)
- Joint Information Center (JIC)
- Metro Denver Public Health Directors