You are here
Blended and Online Learning
The Office of Blended & Online Learning serves and supports Online & Blended Learning Schools, Programs, Students, Parents, Authorizers, other related entities, and individuals related to K-12 Online & Blended Learning in Colorado. We are committed to providing information to all interested parties, as well as supporting the responsible growth of Online Learning & Blended Learning.
The Office of Blended & Online Learning began duties October 1, 2007 under Senate Bill 215 legislation. Our purposes are:
- To support Online Schools, Programs, Students, Parents, Authorizers, and other entities related to Online Learning by providing information and access to available data;
- To facilitate the certification of Multi-District Online Schools.
COVID-19 & Online Learning
The Office of Blended and Online Learning will be hosting office hours to provide support during extended school closures. Educators who have questions about adapting to a remote environment as well as administrators who have questions about online platforms and resources may benefit from bringing questions during this time.
Office hours are held Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:00 - 4:00pm.
Seeking Feedback-Successor School Guidance
During the 2019 legislative session, Senate Bill 19-129 (Regulation of Online Schools), was passed and calls for CDE to develop criteria to determine whether a newly authorized multi-district online school is a new multi-district online school or a successor to a previously authorized multi-district online school. Following passage of SB19-129, the definition of a successor school was added to 1 CCR 301-71 (Rules for the Administration, Certification and Oversight of Colorado Online Programs). Within these rules, a successor school is defined as an online school that is a replication, addition, division, or reorganization of an existing or previously authorized online school as determined by the criteria adopted by the Department. Click here to view the guidance.
Feedback was requested from stakeholders. To view the feedback that was received, please click on the links below.
- Letter from Colorado Children's Campaign
- Letter from Colorado Coalition of Cyberschool Families
- Letter from Kutz and Bethke, LLC
- Letter from Miller Law Firm
- Letter from Politicalworks on behalf of Astravo Online Academy, Colorado Connections Academy, Colorado Virtual Academy, GOAL High School, GlobalEd Solutions, Inc/PBC, HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op,K12, Inc.
- Letter from Colorado Early Colleges
- Letter from GOAL High School
A stakeholder call will be held on Friday, November 6th from 9:00am to 9:30am to review the feedback received and to address any possible changes that will be made to the guidance based on the feedback received.
Office of Blended & Online Learning ListServ
To have your email added to the Blended and Online ListServ, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ListServ in the subject line.
College Level Online Courses
For information regarding Online Courses in Higher Education, please visit the Colorado Department of Higher Education.