CDE will be closed on Monday, May 30 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Special Milk Program (SMP)
The Special Milk Program (SMP) provides milk to children in public or nonprofit schools, residential child care institutions, and camps that do not participate in any other Federal child nutrition meal service program or any child at a participating school or half-day pre-kindergarten program can receive milk through the Special Milk Program.
- Special Milk Program Resource (DOC)
- New Sponsor W-9 (PDF)
- Daily Milk Inventory Form (XLS)
- Daily Milk Inventory Form (PDF)
- Special Milk Program Self Review Checklist (PDF)
School food authorities (SFAs) are required to annually provide a public release of the Free and Reduced Price Meals Policy and/or the Special Milk Program Policy that is published at the district level. CDE School Nutrition Unit publishes a state-wide public release to meet this requirement for Colorado SFAs.This state-wide public release includes all sites participating in the National School Lunch Program and/or the Special Milk Program. Colorado SFAs can publish the public release locally as a best practice, but this is not required.
- Special Milk Program Public Release (PDF)
- Free and Reduce Price and/or SMP Public Release Template (DOC)
- Free and Reduce Price and/or SMP Public Release Template Spanish (DOC)
For more information or if an alternative version of a document is needed, please contact Erica Boyd.