You are here
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)
Applying to the FFVP
Elementary schools are selected for the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program annually through a simple application process. Priority goes to schools with the highest free and reduced enrollment. Interested schools must submit a completed application by the defined deadline.
FFVP applications open Thursday, May 13 for SY2021-22. Applicants must:
- Be an elementary school.
- Begin FFVP operations at the start of the school year.
- Participate in the National School Lunch and/or School Breakfast Program.
- Have a 50%, or more, students who are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch. Preference will be given to those schools with the highest eligibility percentage.
- To determine eligibility, SFAs must use the 2020 PK-12 Free and Reduced Lunch Eligibility by School Data (XLS)
How to Apply:
- Market and promote the FFVP to eligible elementary schools
- Gain support and buy-in from teachers, staff and principals and/or superintendents
- Establish an implementation plan that includes service methods and frequency, integration of nutrition education, FFVP marketing and promotion and overall program administration and monitoring
PK-12 Free/Reduced Enrollment & Percent Data from October Pupil count
Program Forms & Templates
USDA Regulations & Resources
For more information or if an alternate version of a document is needed, please contact Erica Boyd or 303-866-6306.