You are here
School Nurse Workforce Grant
About the School Nurse Workforce Grant
In collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, the Colorado Department of Education awarded 54 Colorado educational providers a total of approximately $8.1 million in funding through the School Nurse Workforce Grant program to increase the capacity of the School Nurse Workforce through the retention and recruitment of qualified School Nurses during the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years. Grantees who had not expended their full awards and opted-in had funding extended through the 2023-24 school year.
Important Dates for Grantees
Current deliverables: See Exhibit A - Year 3 (only for those extending)
- January 10, 2024: Mid Year Report Due. Complete this Google Form to submit responses (emailed 11/29/23). Preview questions on this worksheet.
- October 31, 2023: Complete evaluation link to confirm receipt of Year 3 Informational Presentation (emailed 10/20/23).
- Ammended Grant Awared Letters were emailed to grantees continuing to year 3 in October 2023
- Budget Workbooks: Submit any revisions here for approval. Budget workbooks with updated amounts will be emailed after Year 2 AFRs are reviewed.
- By the 15th of Each Month: Grant recipients use the competitive grant Request for Funds Form to request these federally reimbursable funds (Federal Grant Code 7354).
Previous deliverables: Exhibit A - Years 1 & 2
- July 11, 2023: FY23 End of Year Report due
- July 11, 2023: Final Program Report due (for programs ending June 30, 2023)
- September 30, 2023: Year 2 (FY23) Annual Financial Report (AFR) due. Submit Annual Financial Report HERE. A detailed General Ledger is required with expenditures from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- August 31, 2023: Deadline for requesting reimbursement on expenses through June 30th, 2023. If you are continuing through Year 3, you will be able to continue requesting funds once your carryover has been finalized after your Annual Financial Report has been reviewed and approved. If you are not extending into Year 3, any funds remaining after the August 31st deadline will be reverted.
- School Nurse Job Posting Request
post Colorado school nurse jobs on the school nurse listserv
- School Nursing & Health Webpages
- School Nurse CDE SSP Licensure Information
- Cultural Responsiveness Resources
- Equity Resources
- Learn more about the School Health Services (Medicaid) Program
- Funding Announcement & Grant Application (applications closed 1/31/22)
This marketing toolkit can be used by any Colorado school or district for the purpose of recruiting new school nurses and/or recognizing and retaining current school nurses. Resources include messages and graphics in English and Spanish to help share about the value of school nursing and inspire people to enter this dynamic field.
School Nurse Workforce Grant Funding Recipients
- Academy 20 School District - New Summit Charter Academy
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Adams County School District 14
- Aurora Public Schools - Lotus School of Excellence
- Aurora Public Schools - Adams-Arapahoe - 28J
- Boulder Valley School District RE-2
- Cherry Creek School District 5
- Creede School District
- Cripple Creek-Victor School District RE-1
- Crowley County School District
- CSI - Community Leadership Academy
- CSI - Kwiyagat Community Academy
- CSI - Prospect Academy
- CSI - Montessori del Mundo
- CSI - Salida Montessori Charter School
- CSI - Steamboat Montessori School
- CSI - The Academy
- Delta County School District
- Douglas County - HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op
- Denver Public Schools
- East Grand School District 2
- Fremont RE-2
- Gunnison Watershed RE-1
- Hanover School District 28
- Harrison School District - Atlas Preparatory Middle School
- Harrison School District 2
- Hayden School District
- Ignacio School District
- Jefferson County School District R-1
- Jefferson County School District Rocky Mountain Deaf School
- Kim School District RE-88
- Kiowa School District C-2
- Lamar School District RE-2
- Lewis Palmer School District 38
- Mancos School District
- Manitou Springs School District 14
- Manzanola School District
- Moffat Consolidated School District 2
- Montrose County School District RE-1J
- Morgan County School District - Fort Morgan RE-3
- North Conejos School District
- Poudre School District
- Pueblo School District 60
- Sangre de Cristo School District
- St. Vrain Valley Schools
- Steamboat Springs School District
- Swink School District 33
- Weld County School District Greeley-Evans School District 6
- Weld County School District RE-5J Johnstown-Milliken
- West End Public Schools
- West Grand School District 1-JT
- Westminster Public Schools
- Wiggins School District RE-50
School Nursing during the COVID-19 Pandemic
School nurses are essential to our children’s health. During the COVID-19 pandemic response, their inspiring work could be seen in schools and communities across the state and nation.
The pandemic illuminated the value of school nurses in keeping schools healthy and safe.