You are here
AsthmaCOMP is a statewide community of school nurses applying standardized best practice asthma care in schools.
Top 10 Reasons to Join the AsthmaCOMP Professional Learning Community
1. Asthma is a serious lung disease common among our students
2. Help students self-manage their asthma to lead a full and active life
3. Support from a community of fellow school nurses
4. Unique professional development opportunities
5. Obtain tools and resources for student, parent, and school community education
6. Improve student attendance
7. Improve school environment Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), eliminate triggers
8. Learn to triage students at high risk of exacerbations
9. Spport student, family, school community, and provider collaboration
10. Implement equitable student-centered care
View the Top 10 Reasons Infographic
- The asthma trainings below and those on our School Nurse Professional Development page are availble for all school nurses and you do not need to be in this year's AsthmaCOMP cohort to access them.
- The 2023-24 AsthmaCOMP learning cohort is no longer accepting participants. Watch this page for 2024-25 opportunities.
- Opportunites specific to this year's AsthmaCOMP Professional Learning Community cohort will be sent via email to those who enrolled.
- Please see our Health Conditions & Care Plans Page for these resources:
- Rules & Guidelines
- Colorado Competency Framework
- Colorado Asthma Care Plan and Medication Order for Schools and Childcare
- Asthma Intake Forms
- Self-Carry Contract
- Colorado Kids with Asthma (exiting CDE)
- Air Quality
New Course: Asthma Management Foundations & Challenges for School Nurses (Free 1.5 hour course for school nurses). Click "Access as a Guest" to see course enrollment form if you don't have a log in.
Building Bridges for Asthma Care - School Nurse Training Series
Asthma Management Education Course (Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America )
Asthma Training for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP) - Applying Best Practice Asthma Care in Schools: A Standardized Statewide Approach
(Free online 2 hour training for UAPs)
Find what you were looking for?
If you find broken links or have difficulty accessing content, please contact Anita Brodecky.