You are here
Health and Wellness
New Report! Per House Bill 23-1009, the Secondary School Student Substance Use Committee developed a report with a practice that secondary schools may implement to identify students who need substance use treatment, as well as interventions, resources, and referrals. Click here to learn more about the report.
Office of Health and Wellness
About Health and Wellness
The Office of Health and Wellness supports districts, BOCES, and schools in their efforts to develop and sustain practices that equitably support the whole child and builds a culture of health and wellness for all students, families, and staff in Colorado PK-12 schools. This office focuses on supports related to health education, school health-related services, and grants.
News and Announcements
Secondary School Student Substance Use Committee
HB23-1009 creates the secondary school student substance use committee (committee) in the Department of Education (department) to develop a practice, or identify or modify an existing practice, for secondary schools to implement that identifies students who need substance use treatment, offers a brief intervention, and refers the students to substance use treatment resources.
Programs and Grants
- Brain Injury Grant - Brain STEPS CO Program
- Comprehensive Health Education Grant
- Comprehensive Physical Education Pilot Grant
- K-5 Social Emotional Health Pilot Grant
- Menstrual Hygiene Products Accessibility Grant Program
- Project AWARE
- School Health Professional Grant Program
- School Health Services, Colorado Access (Medicaid)
- School Nurse Workforce Grant
- Student Wellness Grant
- Title V Grant