You are here
Office of Facility Schools
All facility schools will provide access to opportunities for education and growth.
The Office of Facility Schools will provide systems of support for students and staff that cultivate education environments that value relationships, compassion, and academic outcomes.
- On average there are approximately 6,000 placements made per year in facility schools
- Approximately 80 school districts are represented within our population
- Student placements come from 8 different types of public agencies
- Facility program types include residential, day treatment and hospitals
- The Office of Facility Schools has adopted K-12 curriculum guides in reading, writing, mathematics, and science that align with the Colorado Academic Standards for all facility schools
- Students in facility schools are assessed in reading and math using the iReady Diagnostic Assessment system
- Grades and transcripts are maintained for all students grades 9-12, courses align to the state common course codes
- All students are required to participate in state assessments
Facility Schools Board of Education Member Openings
As of Spring 2021, two Facility Schools Board of Education member seats are open to all of those who meet the requirements. More information can be found in the following linked document: Facility Schools Board Member Open Seat Posting (DOC).
The deadline for all applications to be received by the Office of Facility Schools has been extended to April 30th, 2021.