You are here
Data Pipeline Snapshots - End of Year
The Student End of Year snapshot collects student enrollment information throughout the school year. This information includes student demographic identifiers, codes indicating the way students enroll and withdrawal from a district, and services students received. This information is used to calculate dropout, graduation, and completion rates. Additional information about the rates generated by this collection is provided in the rate and report information section below.
The 2020-2021 Student End of Year collection opens on Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
- 2020-21 Student End of Year Timeline (PDF) (posted 2/17/2021)
The EOY collection is broken into three phases. Please see the relevant sections below for more specific instructions for that phase.
File Layout and Definitions
2020-21 File Layout and Definitions for Student End of Year Snapshot (PDF) (posted 2/17/2021)
2020-21 File Layout and Definitions for Adjustment File (PDF) (posted 2/17/2021)
Business Rules and Exceptions
- Student End of Year Snapshot Business Rules (XLS) (updated 4/28/2021)
- Exception Request Template and Instructions - Link (XLSX) (updated 4/6/2016)
- How to Request an Exception (PDF) (posted 11/18/2020)
During the regular process, districts must upload the Student Demographic, Student School Association, and the Graduation Guidelines files for the Student End of Year Snapshot. More information about those interchange files can be found on the Student Interchange page.
Please see the Snapshot file layout for more information about which students are included in the EOY collection.
- Student End of Year Checklist (DOCX)
- Step by Step Instructions to complete Student End of Year (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (updated 4/2/2021)
- LAM steps to assign roles for End of Year collection (PDF)
2020-2021 - Training Schedule
Training Schedule: Student End of Year (posted 2/17/2021)
Training Schedule: Graduation Guidelines (posted 2/17/2021)
Student End of Year Training Materials
- Fundamentals of Student End of Year (PPTX) (updated 3/12/2021)
- Student End of Year: Regular Collection/Phase 1 Training (PPTX) (posted 4/20/2021)
- Special Education Transition Students: Coding Guide (PDF) (updated 4/26/2021)
- ASCENT/PTECH guidance (updated 4/2/2019)
Graduation Guidelines Training Materials
- Graduation Guidelines: The Basics/101 (PPTX) (posted 4/1/2021)
- Graduation Guidelines: Accommodation Fields Reporting Guidance (PDF) (posted 3/29/2021)
- Graduation Guidelines: Students Graduating in 2020-2021 (PPTX) (posted 3/17/2021)
- Graduation Guidelines Reporting (PPTX) (posted 3/9/2021)
- Graduation Guidelines Short FAQ (PDF) (posted 3/9/2021)
- Graduation Guidelines Full FAQ (PDF) (posted 3/9/2021)
Cross LEA process
The Cross LEA process validates if a student previously enrolled in a district have been recovered by another Colorado School district or completed a High School Equivalency Diploma test after exiting the prior district. During this phase most SE700 level warnings are elevated to errors and require district attention.
- Step by step instructions for Cross LEA process (PDF) (updated 9/27/2016)
EOY Adjustment File - File Layout, Template, Business Rules
The EOY Adjustment file is used to provide additional information about students who were previously enrolled in a district and did not enroll in the current school year. It is typically loaded to address Cross LEA errors, although it can be loaded anytime in the collection.
- 2020-21 File Layout and Definitions for Adjustment File (PDF) (posted 2/17/2021)
- EOY Adjustment Template (XLS) (updated 2/17/2021)
- 2020-21 Adjustment File Business Rules (XLS) (posted 2/17/2021)
Adjustment File Instruction for SE700 Errors
- SE701 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE702 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE703 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE704 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE705 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE706 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE707 & SE708 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE709 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE710 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
- SE711 Instructions (PDF) (updated 2/17/2021)
Post-Cross LEA Validation Instructions
- Step by step instructions for Post Cross LEA process (PDF)
- SE901, SE902, and SE903 Instructions (PDF)
Adequate Documentation of Transfer
Post Cross LEA SE903 Errors require districts to provide adequate documentation for students who are reported as transferring out of district who were not subsequently reported in another district. More information and templates are provided here.
Rate and Report Information
The End of Year collection provides the data used to calculate graduation, completion, dropout and mobility rates for districts on our Educational Statistics page. This information is published online in January the following year in compliance with state and federal law. Districts have access to advanced reports that provide tentative calculations through the Cognos system in Data Pipeline.
- Prior Graduation/Completion Rates
- Four Year On-time graduation rate FAQ
- On-time graduation talking points
- Exit type codes that comprise the graduation cohort
- US Education Department Graduation rate regulation
- US Education Department Graduation rate non-regulatory guidance
- Graduation and completion rates calculations (PPTX) (updated 8/17/2015)
Contact: Jesse Cooper at: email@example.com