You are here
Assessment Communications Toolkit
The state legislature and U.S. Department of Education reduced the number of CMAS tests students will take in spring 2021. The following items are designed to help districts and schools communicate the changes to families. All materials may be tailored to meet your local needs. More materials will be added as they are updated.
Assessment Fact Sheets
The state legislature and U.S. Department of Education reduced the number of CMAS tests students will take in spring 2021:
- Spring 2021 State Assessments (PDF) - This fact sheet explains the changes to assessments for spring 2021. - Updated 3/26/2021
- At a Glance 2020-21 (PDF) - This one-page fact sheet shows which state assessments students take based on grade level and the total time students in each grade will spend taking tests. - Updated 3/26/2021
Currently scheduled administration windows for the 2020-21 school year:
ACCESS for ELLs
- Jan. 11 - March 12, 2021
- April 12 - May 14, 2021
- Primary Test Date: April 13, 2021
- Make-up Test Date: April 27 or May 18, 2021
CO PSAT for grades 9 and 10
- Primary Test Date: April 13, 14, 15 or 16, 2021 (district choice)
- Make-up Test Date: April 27, 28, 29 or 30, 2021 (district choice)
HS CoAlt ELA/Math (DLM) for grades 9-11
- Aligned to PSAT/SAT schedule to the extent possible
ACCESS for ELLs
Communications Toolkit - ACCESS for ELLs Testing
Key messages, a fact sheet and a sample letter to parents/guardians are available for district and school leaders to use as they communicate about ACCESS for English Language Learners testing during COVID-19. These materials are available in both English and Spanish. View them here.
PSAT and SAT
About PSAT and SAT
- PSAT/SAT Fact Sheet (PDF)
PSAT/SAT are aligned to the Colorado Academic Standards and provide other benefits, including free, high-quality practice tools and scholarship opportunities.
- PSAT & SAT Overview and Testing Dates
Sample Parent Letters
Districts and schools may use these sample letters to communicate with parents about state assessments. Additional sample letters will be added as more becomes known about CMAS assessments in spring 2021.
- Sample parent letter for CMAS 2021 - NEW
- Spanish version - NEW
- CMAS Testing Drop In Letter for Remote Learners
- Spanish CMAS Testing Drop In Letter for Remote Learners