CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
2021 READ Act Review of Professional Development
Topic-Specific Advisory List of Professional Development
The following professional development programs have been reviewed and approved to meet the criteria for the support of implementation of scientifically and evidence-based instruction and strategies in teaching reading and addressing the needs of students with significant reading deficiencies pursuant to 10 C.R.S. 22-7-1209, the Colorado READ Act. These courses must:
- Be focused on or aligned with the science of reading, including teaching in the areas of phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary development, reading fluency including oral skills, and reading comprehension; and
- Include rigorous evaluations of learning throughout and at the end of the course that a person taking the course must pass to successfully complete the course.
The purpose of the READ Act Advisory List of Professional Development Programs is to provide districts and schools with a choice of professional development that adequately enhances teacher quality and implementation of scientifically based or evidence-based literacy practices.
Below is a list of topic-specific, READ Act-aligned professional development programs that were approved during the Spring of 2021 review process. Vendors who submitted professional development programs that have been reviewed and not approved were notified and provided information regarding the appeal process (CCE 301-92, 11.02).
Topic-Specific, READ Act-aligned Professional Development Programs
- Blended District Training on the Science of Reading, Structured Literacy Instruction, and Supporting Struggling Readers
- Comprehensive Dyslexia and Literacy Bundle for Colorado Educators
- IMSE Phonological Awareness Training
- IMSE 30 Hour Comprehensive Course
- IMSE 30 Hour Intermediate Course
- Keys to Beginning Reading (Online and Blended Model)
- Keys to Beginning Writing
- Literacy Development for Educators
- Online Phonology Development for Colorado Educators
- Online Phonics Development for Colorado Educators
- Online Fluency Development for Colorado Educators
- Online Vocabulary Development for Colorado Educators