You are here
Secondary Transition Office Hours
Gail Lott will offer office hours on the following Wednesdays:
- January 20, 2021 from 2:30pm to 4:30 pm
- February 3, 2021 from 10:00 am to 12 pm
- February 17, 2021 from 3:30 to 4:30 pm
- March 3, 2021 - Cancelled
- April 14, 2021 from 3:30 to 4:30 pm
- April 28, 2021 from 3:30 to 4:30 pm
Registrations must be completed by 10:00 am the day before (Tuesday) each Wednesday office hours session.
Providing Secondary Transition Services During COVID
Our team has collected resources and tools specific to secondary transition that may be useful as you plan for students.
What is Secondary Transition? It is the process of preparing students for adult life after they leave high school and can be thought of as a bridge between school programs and the opportunities of adult life, including higher education or training, employment, independent living and community participation. Transition planning provides opportunities for students with disabilities to experience positive post-school outcomes, such as:
- higher graduation rate
- lower dropout rates
- increased enrollment in colleges and universities
- higher rates of competitive employment
- increase levels of independence
2021 Virtual Transition Leadership Institute - Registration Open!
Join us for the 14th Annual Leadership Institute! This year we will be hosting the event online. The 2-day event will provide AU teams and their key partners access to content-rich learning sessions to build knowledge of effective secondary transition practices. Teams will be provided collaborative team planning opportunities to strategically plan for the implementation of effective practices that lead to successful post-school outcomes for student with disabilities.
Register by: May 27, 2021
Monthly Transition Talks
Each month, the CDE Secondary Transition Specialist will host Transition Talks covering a variety of topics related to effective secondary transition planning. Visit the Transition Talks webpage for dates and additional information.
Regional Meetings for Secondary Transition Personnel - We Need to Hear from You!
- What is going on in your region?
- What topics are relevant to you?
- What challenges are you facing?
- How might your state transition team assist you?
Secondary Transition 101: Writing Meaningful IEPs
- Module 1 provides an introduction to secondary transition requirements.
- Module 2 provides an introduction to components of meaningful secondary transition IEPs.
Secondary Transition Trainings
Please reference the Secondary Transition Support Trainings and Opportunities (PDF) to view the various professional development and technical assistance opportunities available upon request.
- Secondary Transition Support Trainings and Opportunities (PDF)
- Secondary Transition Training Request Form (Google Doc)
State Toolkit for Examining Post-School Success (STEPSS)
Recorded Webinar: Assistive Technology for Employment: An Introduction to Technology Options to Support Transitioning Youth
Jim Sandstrum provides an overview and introduction to Assistive Technologies, which have the potential to improve employment outcomes for youth with disabilities as they enter the workforce. Demonstration and examples include options in support of cognitive function, vision, hearing, mobility and mental health.
Recorded Training: Writing Post-School Goals for Students with Significant Support Needs
Writing employment and training post-school goals for students with significant/complex needs is very challenging. This training offers guidance and examples to consider when writing post-school goals for students with significant/complex support needs.
Participants will learn:
- how to develop PSGs for students with significant/complex support needs.
- to consider what a meaningful day means when developing PSGs.
- to consider natural and community supports to meet students’ needs.
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.