You are here
Resources - Individualized Education Program (IEP)
IEP Process Procedural Guidance
The IEP Procedural Guidance document was revised the summer of 2017 and incorporates suggestions from directors and ESSU professionals. Content was not changed.
Writing Standards-Aligned ALPs and IEPs: A Supplemental Guidance Document
A guidance document providing information for educators regarding the design of effective formal educational plans aligned with the Colorado Academic Standards.
- Writing Standards-Aligned Advanced Learning Plans (ALPs) and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) (PDF) (Rev., 03/2016)
- Writing Standards-Aligned Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) (PDF) (Rev., 07/2017)
Extended School Year Determination Webinar
Extended School Year refers to special education and related services provided in accordance with a child's IEP, but which are provided beyond the normal school year at no cost to the child's parent(s).
- Extended School Year Guidelines, Revised September 2017 (PDF)
- PowerPoint: Slides from Extended School Year Determination Webinar (PDF)
- ESY Predictive Factor Worksheet (PDF)
Additional IEP Resources
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.