You are here
Special Education Directors' Corner
COVID-19 and Special Education
Answers to frequently asked questions such as Compensatory Services, Prior Written Notice and Special Education Evaluations can be found in Special Education FAQ's.
To view OSEP issued Question and Answer documents click on OSEP Q & A's.
CDE's Office of Special Education has gathered resources to help answer questions around the COVID-19 pandemic as it relates to special education.
Update your Special Education Director and Special Education Fiscal Contact Information.
It is critical that ESSU has current contact information for all Special Education Directors and Special Education Fiscal Contacts. We will share important updates and information with you through our listserv, please be sure that we have accurate, updated information. Watch for emails from CDE_SPED for updates and information.
Important Dates Coming Up
12 SPED EOY Final Snapshot Approval due to CDE
19 2020-21 Federal Application Narrative Amendment window #1 open through November 13
13 Federal Application Narrative Amendment is due
16 2020-21 Budget Revision #1 Window is open through December 11
1 SPED December Count Student and Staff Snapshot open
8 2019-20 Budget Revision #1 Submission Deadline
2020-2021 Standard Record Review
- 2020-2021 Standard Record Review Including Early Childhood and Transition Age Students(PDF)
- Standard Record Review Instructions 2020-2021 (PDF)
Changes in reporting educational environments for 5-year-old kindergartners
- 5-year-old kindergartners must be reported with school-age educational environment categories starting in December Count 2020 (School Year 2020-21). Please see the memo below for details.
New or Reorganization Application & Checklist
- New or Reorganization AU Application (Word Doc) - PDF Version Coming Soon
- Fact Sheet - Applications for or Reorganized Administrative Units (PDF)
- Instructions for Third Party Report (PDF)
Meetings and Conferences
Virtual Meeting! The Fall Directors’ meeting.
When: November 12-13, 2020
Registration & Agenda: Coming the week of October 5th
Watch your email for the ESSU Newsletter or check back here on the Director’s Corner.
Here are a few of the plenary, breakout, and networking sessions we are planning to bring to you. AnLar on the new IEP, Evaluations During the time of COVID, Tips for Virtual IEP Meetings and Facilitation, and other topics.
Memos to AU and Special Education Directors
- 2019 Standard Record Review including Early Childhood and Transition Age Students (PDF) Please contact Cindy Petersen if an alternate version of this document is needed.
- Standard Record Review Instructions 2019 (PDF) Please contact Cindy Petersen if an alternate version of this document is needed.
- 2020-2021 Standard Record Review Including Early Childhood and Transition Age Students (PDF)
- CDE's Strategic Goals, AU Continuous Improvement Plan, and Part B Indicators, June 2015 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Documents:
- Example: How many IEPs to review in SY2017-18 (PDF)
- Uploading Documents for Review
- 2017 Conference - Expand Your Equity Toolkit
New Special Education Director
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.