You are here
State Grants to Libraries
In the 2020 legislative session, the Colorado Legislature appropriated $2.5 million in the state's budget to fund the State Grants to Libraries Act. The funds will be available to eligible publicly funded school, public and academic libraries to fund grants for library materials as defined in the statute (see CRS 24-90-401). The purpose of the funds is for educational materials in libraries that support efforts to improve literacy and learning.
Final Funding Allocation for 2020-2021
The Colorado State Library is pleased to announce that 315 libraries will be receiving State Grants to Libraries for 2020-2021! The Colorado Legislature appropriated $2.5 million in grant funds because of the continued impact they provide to the communities the libraries serve. Final funding amounts for 2020-2021 are available here (one grant awarded per library jurisdiction, academic institution, or school district).
- August 25, 2020: Overview and Q&A webinar
Link to archived recording
- September 15, 2020: Eligibility forms due
- October 2020: Award amounts announced
- October-November 2020: Award disbursement begins
- June 15, 2021: End of grant period. All funds must be spent
- June 30, 2021: Final requests for funds must be received
- July 30, 2021: 2020-2021 final grant report due
Have a question about these forms, eligible purchases, or anything related to the State Grants for Libraries? Check our Frequently Asked Questions first - your question is likely already answered here.
2019-2020 Distribution of State Grants to Libraries (PDF): View a map of where the 2019-2020 State Grants to Libraries were distributed, funding 318 grants to academic, public, and school libraries across the state. 97.5 % of all libraries in the state received funding at a minimum of $4,500.
The Impact of State Grants to Libraries: 2018-2019 (PDF). In 2018-2019, $2.5 million was distributed to 318 public, school, academic, and institutional libraries. See how that money was used, some benefits of the funding, and how grantees said the funding helped them.
Funding Allocation Charts
These list each previous grant recipient (one grant per main library jurisdiction or school district) and amount.
- 2019-2020 (PDF)
- 2018-2019 (PDF)
- 2017-2018 (PDF)
- 2016-2017 (PDF)
- 2015-2016 (PDF)
- 2014-2015 (PDF)
- 2013-2014 (PDF)
Colorado Libraries Collaborate! (CLC)
- Participant List - Membership in CLC is required for public and academic libraries. Check to see if your library is already a member.
- Participation Agreement Form - If you are not a member, you can fill out this form to become eligible for funding.
Reporting and Evaluation
2020-2021 final report is due by July 30, 2021
- 2020-2021 Final Report link coming early 2021. Link will also be emailed to the Grant Reporting Contact Person listed on your Eligibility Form. One report per grantee.
- Preview the 2020-2021 Report Form (PDF)
- Reporting Q and A - frequently asked questions by grant recipients on how to report use of funds.
Link to Request for Funds form, overview of the process, and frequently asked questions related to the forms. Last day to request 2020-2021 funds is June 30, 2021.
- Eligible Purchases Checklist - Wondering whether you can purchase an item with this funding? Review this checklist of what are eligible purchases, and what are not.
- Databases, eBooks, and other subscriptions - special Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC) pricing for vendors that offer online tools and other resources for research
- Kits and other non-traditional circulating items: view the Check Out an Experience! CSL in Session archive for ideas on different items to add to your collection and how to implement the circulation.
Melissa Carlson, Program Manager