You are here
Apply for the 2021 Commissioner's Teacher Cabinet
Requirements for Applicants
- 3+ years' experience in the classroom;
- Identified as proficient (at a minimum) teacher;
- Application narrative;
- Application signatures;
- Résumé; and
- Two letters of recommendation - one from a direct supervisor and another from a peer demonstrating that the teacher is an accomplished teacher and has recognized leadership abilities.
- An applicant interview may be conducted (virtual) and the applicant's superintendent or school leader may be contacted.
Timeline and Review Process
Applications and interviews will be reviewed by a diverse group of reviewers from the educational community. Applications will be scored based on overall strength as well as for coverage of geographic areas and variety of grade levels and content areas. The Commissioner will make final selection decisions.
- Friday, Aug. 13, 2021
- Applications Due
- Aug. 16 - Sept. 30, 2021
- Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted (if needed)
- Sept. 30, 2021
- Applicants will be notified regarding the status of their application
- Oct. 2021
- First meeting of the Commissioner's Teacher Cabinet with new members
Please read all of the information provided to applicants and use the Submission Checklist to ensure that you have a complete application.
- Submit application.
- Applicants must also submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One-page letter explaining why you want to serve on the cabinet and why you would be a good fit.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a direct supervisor and one from a peer/colleague.
- A current résumé.
- Signatures of approval from principal and superintendent.
- Additional information and the application template for planning your responses can be found here.
- Incomplete applications, or application narrative responses that exceed the 500 word maximum, will not be included for review.
For questions or additional information, please contact: email@example.com