You are here
Colorado State Board of Education
Rulemaking Hearing Testimony
The Colorado State Board of Education meetings are broadcast on YouTube. Members of the public may watch via the YouTube stream.
In August, the board will conduct two rulemaking hearings. If you would like to provide testimony, we would encourage you to provide it in writing to the board prior to the meeting. All written testimony may be submitted to the state board via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The board is also accepting three-minute video testimony. If you wish to testify remotely, please register by 10:00 A.M. on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 (although day-of testimony will be accepted). Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name. Use the same name when logging in to testify.
Name of group or organization you represent.
- Agenda item or rule number (available here).
- Whether you support or oppose the rule.
- Written summary as backup is encouraged.
Once you have registered to testify, an email will be sent with the meeting link. This link should not be shared and will only be valid for the rulemaking portion of the meeting. You will be called upon during the rulemaking hearing to provide your testimony and will be given three minutes. Please note that if you run long or speak/make noise at other times, you will be muted and possibly removed from the meeting.
- August 12-13
- September 9-10
- October 7-8
- November 11-12
- December 9-10* (if needed)
See also: Guidelines for Public Comment
State Board of Education Members
Top row, left to right: Val Flores, Rebecca McClellan, Joyce Rankin.
Bottom row, left to right:: Katy Anthes, Jane Goff, Angelika Schroeder, Debora Scheffel, Steve Durham
Board Member Profiles
- Valentina (Val) Flores (D)
- Rebecca McClellan (D)
- Joyce Rankin (R)
- Jane Goff (D)
- Angelika Schroeder (D)
- Debora Scheffel (R)
- Steve Durham (R)
- Commissioner Katy Anthes, Ph.D.
- Guidelines for Public Comment
- 2019-20 Regulatory Agenda (PDF)
- 2020 Legislative Priorities
- Statutorily Required Reports
- Fact Sheet Regarding Waiver Requests Pursuant to C.R.S. 22-2-117 (District Waivers)
- Procedures for State Board Accountability Actions
- Administrative Procedures for Considering Early Accountability Actions
Contact the State Board
Office of the Colorado State Board of Education
201 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80203
News and Events
July 8 News Release
Education Stabilization Fund - Call for Ideas
June 17 News Release
June 11 News Release
May 13 News Release
April 8 News Release
March 27 News Release
For past news, visit the Communications Division News Release webpage.