You are here
CMAS Test Design
English Language Arts
- CMAS English Language Arts High Level Blueprints (Updated for Spring 2018)
- Grade 3 Reading-Writing Evidence Statements
- Grade 4 Reading-Writing Evidence Statements
- Grade 5 Reading-Writing Evidence Statements
- Grade 6 Reading-Writing Evidence Statements
- Grade 7 Reading-Writing Evidence Statements
- Grade 8 Reading-Writing Evidence Statements
- Literary Analysis, Research Simulation, and Narrative Task Models
- Scoring Rubrics
- Evidence Statement Tables
Frameworks list the percent representation and number of score points for each of the reporting categories/standard areas that appear on the summative assessments. They also specify the Evidence Outcomes that are eligible for inclusion on the state assessments. Topics explicitly identified in the social studies standards are legitimate content for the assessment in addition to the standards' concept and skills.
CDE incorporated feedback from content experts and educators throughout the state to create the final versions of the frameworks. Small shifts in distribution of points were made across social studies standards in grade 4 and science standards in grades 5 and 8. In addition to a shift in the distribution of points in high school social studies, changes were made to the assessible content in high school civics and economics.