You are here
CMAS - Mathematics, English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies Assessments
2022 Assessment Data and Results
Spring 2023 Resources
- Spring 2023 CMAS and CoAlt Procedures Manual
- Colorado Assessments Portal
- CMAS and CoAlt Critical Dates
Find your district's state assessment contact for CMAS support: Statewide Directory
Educator participation is critical to Colorado's state assessment development and validation process. Colorado educators may serve on committees related to the following state assessments:
- Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS): Science, Mathematics and English Language Arts/Literacy (including CSLA)
- Colorado Alternate Assessment (CoAlt): Science
Register for assessment development committee selection.
CMAS Results - All Content Areas
Spring 2023 CMAS Administration Information
View CMAS administration dates on the General Information page.
- Spring 2023 CMAS and CoAlt Procedures Manual - PDF
- Test Administrator Manuals
- Computer-based Testing TAM - PDF
- Paper-based Testing TAM - PDF
- Guidance on Eligibility for Assessments in Spanish - PDF
- Parent Excusal Coding Fact Sheet - PDF
- Spring 2023 CMAS and CoAlt Student Registration/Personal Needs Profile (SR/PNP) Field Definitions and File Layout - PDF
- Students in grades 3-8 take the grade level math assessment for their enrolled grade.
- Calculator Policy - PDF
English Language Arts/Literacy (ELA) Assessments
- Students in grades 3-8 take the grade level ELA assessment for their enrolled grade.
- Colorado Spanish Language Arts (CSLA) is an accommodated version of the ELA assessment available to qualifying students in grades 3 and 4.
- Students in grade 5 take the grade level science assessment for their enrolled grade.
- Students in grade 8 take the middle school science assessment.
- Students in grade 11 take the high school science assessment.
CMAS Performance Levels, Cut Scores, and Test Design
Performance Level Descriptors (PLDs)
PLDs provide details about the specific grade-level content area concepts and skills typically demonstrated by students within a CMAS performance level. The met and exceeded expectations levels are considered on track to being college and career ready.
Performance Level Cut Scores
Students taking CMAS assessments receive an overall scale score. During the standard setting process, educators used scale scores to set cuts for each performance level based on the specific content that students should be able to engage with at each performance level.
Information such as frameworks, high level blueprints, scoring rubrics, and evidence statements and standards that appear on the CMAS assessments.
State Assessment Accommodations
Accommodations are practices and procedures that provide equitable access during instruction and assessment for students who have a documented need, including students with a disability and English learners. In order to use accommodations on state testing, accommodations must be documented in the student’s IEP, 504, or EL plan. Additional information is available on the state assessment accommodations webpage.
Information relating to the use of accommodations during instruction is found on the CDE Office of Special Education webpage.
Additional CMAS Resources
Student and Educator Resources
CDE Data Privacy & Security Policy
Any materials archived from previous administrations are not to be used during testing or training.
- Archive (2018-2022)
- Math and ELA (including PARCC) (2015-2017)
- Science and social studies (2014-2017)
Connect With Us