You are here
Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR)
The Postsecondary & Workforce Readiness accountability indicator reflects how well schools are preparing students for college and the workforce.
What metrics are included in the PWR indicator on the performance frameworks?
The PWR metrics include graduation rates, dropout rates, and matriculation rates. This indicator also includes average scores (i.e., mean scale scores) on the SAT college entrance exam for Math and Evidence Based Reading and Writing (EBRW).
On this indicator, schools and districts earn one of four ratings (Exceeds Expectations, Meets Expectations, Approaching Expectations, or Does Not Meet Expectations) based on the percent of points earned on the above metrics.
How does the PWR performance indicator impact overall ratings on the performance frameworks?
For state accountability purposes, PWR is one of three performance indicators used for determining accreditation and school plan type ratings. For elementary schools and middle schools, there are no PWR results. For high schools and districts, 30% of their final ratings are based on PWR performance.
- Matriculation Sub-Indicator - April 11, 2019
The purpose of this fact sheet is to provide an overview of the matriculation sub-indicator including its basis in statute, source data, calculation method, recent/upcoming changes, and related frequently asked questions.
- Using the PSAT and SAT for Improvement Planning (PDF) - May 6, 2019
The purpose of this document is to provide a basic overview of the assessments and how they can be used in the Improvement Planning process and referenced in the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP).
- Matriculation Detail File Layout - June 2018
This spreadsheet provides the file layout and field definitions for the 2018 student level matriculation data file that was provided to districts.
- Optional Industry Credentials & CDIP Data Submission Guidelines - April 16, 2021
This document explains the associated background, calendar, and guidelines associated with the combined CDIP/industry credential data submission.
- Optional Industry Credentials & CDIP Data Submission Template - April 16, 2021
- This excel spreadsheet reflects the data submission template used for the industry credential submission.
- Optional Industry Credentials & CDIP Data Submission Webinar - April 23, 2021
This recorded webinar explains all aspects of the data submission process including related timelines and requirements.
- For more information related to the PWR measures, see the Data Services page.
For more information, please contact Dan Jorgensen, PhD at: firstname.lastname@example.org.