The School Finance and Operations Division includes the following subsections:
Accounting and Purchasing - This office provides financial support to all CDE employees and programs. The accounting function maintains the accounting records for all transactions at CDE, creates financial reports required by both state and federal rules and regulations, charges indirect costs, manages the credit card program and pays CDE employees.
Budget Office - This office is responsible for budgeting and tracking the funds and resources used by CDE as a whole and each unit within the department for each fiscal year.
Capital Construction Office – This Office manages the Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) competitive public school capital construction grant program throughout the State of Colorado. This includes providing support to the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board (CCAB).
- Office of Grants Fiscal Management – This Office administers NCLB, IDEA, and state and federal competitive grants that are distributed to districts. This includes reviewing grant budgets and fiscal reports and processing requests for reimbursements for districts.
- Human Resources - This office is responsible for recruitment and selection of personnel at CDE, reviewing personal services contracts, and administering leave and benefits.
- Office of School Finance – This Office provides support school districts and the legislature on the distribution of school finance formula funding and other funding streams. This Office also assists school districts with submission of required financial data, provides reports of financial data, provides technical guidance and support through pupil counts and transportation funding audits, and assists school districts in providing the students a safe, efficient, and secure school transportation.
- Office of School Nutrition – This Office administers the U.S. Department of Agriculture Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) in Colorado school districts to promote the health and well-being of children. This encompasses several programs including School Lunch, School Breakfast, Start Smart, Breakfast after the Bell, Summer Food Distribution, and School Fresh Fruit and Vegetable.
- School Transportation Unit - This Unit assists the school districts in providing the students a safe, efficient and secure ride from home to school, school to school, school to home and on activity trips. The concept is to transport the student safely and ready to learn.
- Manage the Administration of the Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) competitive public school capital construction grant program: Jim Owens (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Administers NCLB, IDEA, and State and Federal competitive grants: David Schneiderman (email@example.com)
- Distributes of the school finance formula funding: Tim Kahle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Provides reporting and field support for school finance formula funding and other funding streams: Aaron Oberg (email@example.com)
- Administers the Child Nutrition Programs for school districts: Brehan Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org)