The Office of Competitive Grants and Awards is dedicated to enhancing school improvement through federal and state grant opportunities. We offer support to students, teachers and administrators in the application and funding process for a wide variety of grant and award programs. We strive to develop high quality grant applications and review protocols, to recognize highly effective local programs and educators, utilize their expertise in support of increased program effectiveness, and create incentives for others to implement bold reforms in support of increased student achievement.
Address: 1560 Broadway, Denver, CO 80202
Room Number(s): Suite 1100
- Offer services to units throughout CDE that will provide a standardized and legally defensible process for developing Requests for Proposals and the grant review process.
- Award Grants on behalf of the Colorado Department of Education,on of 1003(a) and (g) School Improvement Grants Administration of CDE Award Programs.
- Development of Grant Applications: Kim Burnham (Burnham_K@cde.state.co.us); Anna Young (Young_A@cde.state.co.us); Mandy Christensen (Christensen_A@cde.state.co.us)
- Development of Award Programs: Lynn Bamberry (Bamberry_L@cde.state.co.us); Patricia Gleason (Gleason_P@cde.state.co.us)
- CDE-wide services include the following:
- Assistance in writing Requests for Proposals (RFPs);
- Preparation of items for the Scoop/News Releases/State Board Meetings;
- Completion of EDAC-approval process;
- Grant writing trainings (if applicable);
- Intake and processing of grant and award applications; and
- Grant and award reviews.