- Daily Edit Check
- Formulation Statement for Documenting Grains in School Meals
- SFA On-site Monitoring Sample Form
- USDA On-site Monitoring Sample Form
- Request for Health Inspection Letter - Template
- Sample Product Formulation Statement (Product Analysis) for Meat/Meat Alternate (M/MA) Products
- Two-Person Point of Sale (POS) Request Form
Special Dietary Needs
Summer Food Service Program
Exemption Request Forms
- Milk Flexibility Exemption Request Form
- Whole Grain-Rich Exemption Request Form
- Updated whole-grain rich exemption procedure guidance from USDA: all enriched grain products intended for meal service must be listed in the whole grain-rich exemption request. If you experience difficulty with additional whole grain-rich products during the school year, please submit an updated exemption request and supporting documentation for these products. For more information, visit the Menu Planning webpage or contact Jon Padia.
Capital Equipment Approval Procedures
For equipment purchases, in excess of $5,000 or the lesser of the district’s capitalization threshold, please complete the Equipment Purchase Approval Tree process (link provided below) to determine if the planned equipment purchase is allowable and to determine if equipment purchase is on the prior approval list as permitted by USDA Memo SP31-2014.
For capital equipment purchases not on the prior approval list in the Equipment Purchase Approval Tree, the school food authority (SFA) will need to complete the Form for Prior Approval by CDE for Capital Equipment Purchases. The Form for Prior Approval by CDE for Capital Equipment Purchases is not required if the Equipment Purchase Approval Tree documentation shows that the purchase is on the prior approval list.
- Equipment Purchase Approval Tree, including Capital Equipment Prior Approved List
- Form for Prior Approval by CDE for Capital Equipment Purchases
- SP31 - 2014 State Agency Prior Approval Process for School Food Authority (SFA) Equipment Purchases
Equipment expenditures may be allowable as direct costs, provided that purchases of equipment with a unit cost in excess of $5,000 or the lesser of the district’s capitalization threshold, have the prior approval of CDE (2 CFR 200.439) SFAs may use the Equipment Purchase Approval Tree process provided in the link above. In addition, keep all documentation of this equipment purchase approval process for audit purposes if the purchase is allowable based on the results.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.