CDE will be closed on Monday, Jan. 20 for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
You are here
U.S. Department of Education Releases Title III Guidance
By Jessica Hollingshead, Executive Director Support, Federal Programs Unit
Monday, September 26, 2016 - 3:35pm
The U.S. Department of Education recently released non-regulatory guidance on Title III, Part A. This guidance includes information and resources for State, district, and school personnel, including:
- How Title III funds may be used to serve ELs;
- Design and delivery of language instruction educational programs, which include educators of ELs;
- Key information on family, parent, and community engagement;
- Focus on distinct populations of ELs, including early learners, former ELs, immigrant students, and ELs who are also students with disabilities;
- A list of publications and resources for administrators and educators who work with ELs.
This guidance will be posted on USDE’s ESSA guidance page: www2.ed.gov/policy/elsec/leg/essa/index.html?src=essa-resources
You can also find a link to the guidance on CDE’s ESSA webpage: http://www.cde.state.co.us/fedprograms/essa