You are here
Professional Development Information System
What is the PDIS?
The Professional Development Information System (PDIS) is the statewide web-based system supporting professional development for Colorado’s early childhood workforce. The system has been developed with Colorado’s Competencies for Early Childhood Educators and Administrators as the foundation and all workforce development offerings within the system will align with these competencies.
We recommend using Google Chrome
A wide range of workforce development opportunities are available to users in a variety of formats for both individual and group use. The PDIS will allow early childhood professionals to manage their own career and professional growth using an Individual Professional Development Plan which includes professional experience, education, and training as well as individually constructed growth plans.
The PDIS will also issue Early Childhood Professional Credentials at a level reflecting demonstrated competency achievement. The PDIS is designed to support early childhood professionals at all levels of experience and education.
Why is Colorado implementing the PDIS?
Colorado’s Early Learning Professional Development System Plan was approved by the Early Childhood Leadership Commission in 2010. That plan includes aligning training for early childhood professionals with EC workforce competencies, development of an interactive web-based clearinghouse to advise early learning professionals, provision for an early childhood workforce registry system, development of a data system linked to other important early childhood data systems, and the ability to develop reports for key stakeholders and policy makers.
The PDIS will:
- Allow Colorado to gain information about the early childhood workforce to inform program support, system-level professional development planning, and delivery of resources.
- Provide a connected and organized professional development resource for all early childhood professionals in the State of Colorado
- Assure a well-coordinated system of credentialing for the early childhood workforce
- Track trends over time to evaluate early childhood workforce development and its role in impacting outcomes for children birth to 8.
The PDIS is available to everyone as of April 15, 2015. The Early Childhood Self-Assessment is available online through the PDIS. Once you have completed the self-assessment the PDIS will generate an Individual Professional Development Plan.
- Top 10 Reasons the PDIS Benefits EC Professionals
- Key Messages About the PDIS
- PDIS Fact Sheet
- PDIS FAQs
Understanding and supporting the workforce who cares for and educates young children will improve Colorado’s efforts to assure a strong start for young children as they enter school as well as support the goal of reading by third grade.
- Getting ready for QRIS/PDIS Webinar
- Paper version of Early Childhood Competencies Self-Assessment (Also available through the PDIS)
- Paper version of the Individual Professional Development Plan (Also available through the PDIS)
- PDIS 101 - An introductory level presentation about the PDIS with script notes
PDIS Help Desk
Tenemos apoyo en Español
844-447-4441 (option 2)