You are here
Colorado Professional Credentials
Legislation passed in 2000 established the Colorado Early Childhood Professional Credential. The legislation created a voluntary tiered system of credentials that recognizes increased knowledge and experience for those who care for and educate our youngest children.
The early childhood field was actively involved in the creation of the credential system and has enthusiastically embraced it. In 2005, legislation moved the professional credentials from a pilot project to statewide availability. Credentials ensure that all professionals caring for and educating young children have the same core early childhood knowledge regardless of setting - family child care, child care centers, public schools.
The Credentials help create a system of education and training that promote the optimal development and education of young children.
For more information, contact Jennifer O'Brien at 303-866-4214 or by email.
Colorado Coaching Credential
Colorado Professional Credential 2.0
How to apply for Credential 2.0:
- Create an Account through the Colorado Shines PDIS (Professional Development Information System
- Once your account is created you can access the Credential application in the "My Profile" Section
- Once in the "My Profile" section, click Colorado EC Professional Credential 2.0
- Then click edit on the right-hand side.
- The dashboard should appear where you are able to click apply.
- Once you have clicked apply, you should be able to enter the number of year of experience you have, upload your official transcripts, and any professional development certificates you have earned.
If you have any questions feel free to call the PDIS Help Desk at 844-447-4441 (option 2).
- The New Early Childhood Credential Framework
- Early Childhood Professional Credential 2.0 Paper Score Sheet
- Early Childhood Professional Credential Side by Side: Comparing Version 1.0 with Version 2.0
- Professional Standards, Core Knowledge and Competencies: The Credentials we issue are based on these foundational elements.
- Trainer Credential
Sign up for the Colorado Shines newsletter here.