Professional Learning Series: Measures of Student Learning
Based on feedback from districts and BOCES in the past year, MSL support has been identified as an area of focus for the Educator Effectiveness team. Session 1 was provided in the fall of 2018 and Session 2 will be provided in the spring of 2019.
Year 1, Session 2
Topic: Did we get the measures right?
These sessions will be scheduled in early spring.
Outcomes for Year 1, Session 1
- Develop a conceptual understanding of the Measures of Student Learning component of evaluation systems
- Reflect on current Measures of Student Learning used in local evaluation systems
- Collaborate with team members and other districts to receive feedback on current measures used in evaluation systems
- Select measures based on individual district/BOCES values
- Leave feeling confident in the measures selected for the 2018-19 school year
Individualized technical support will be available for districts in creating and releasing MSL templates within COPMS.
These meetings are geared toward district and BOCES teams including Superintendents/Leadership, Principals/Evaluators, and Teacher Leaders.