- District Guidance on Student Information Security and Privacy (January 2014)
Topics covered include: Creation of a data index; security breaches; data sharing agreements; disclosure of student data for studies on behalf of the district and for audits, evaluation, or compliance monitoring; and parent notification about and access to student records.
- Data Collection Opt Out Requests
- To support Colorado school districts on data collection issues, CDE prepared this guidance for local education agencies when responding to requests that no personally identifiable information (PII) about student(s) is transmitted by a district to CDE’s data collection system.
- Best Practices for Keeping Parents Informed About Student Data Collection
- The Privacy of Student Information:A Resource for Schools-National Forum on Education Statistics
- CDE's Data Dictionary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CDE conducted an independent assessment to confirm the statutory authorities for the collection of Personally Identifiable Information. The report of this assessment is located here.
- Data Redaction - Guidance on properly redacting PDF documents containing personally identifiable information.
- Toolkit for Navigating Federal Privacy and Security Laws
- Early Childhood Data Privacy
If you have questions, contact the Data Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.