You are here
CDE-Provided Reading Training - Spring Schedules - Face-to-Face
- Registration for "Keys to Beginning Reading" by Keys to Literacy is now open.
- All face-to-face sessions will be held virtually as synchronous sessions.
- Class sizes will be capped at 30 participants.
- If a minimum of 15 participants do not register for a cohort, the cohort may be canceled.
- Registration for courses will close 2 weeks prior to the first training session to allow for manuals to be mailed to participants.
- Course manuals will be mailed to participants soon after registration closes.
- Attendance at all training sessions and a score of 80% or higher on the end of course assessment are required to meet the evidence-based training in teaching requirement.
All full day cohort sessions meet for 7 sessions. Each session is scheduled for 8 hours.
All half-day cohort sessions meet for 14 sessions. Each session is scheduled for 3 hours and 45 minutes.
Legal name, as written on a driver’s license, is required for registration.
Training schedules will be updated periodically and posted as dates are finalized. Sessions will continue to be offered throughout the school year and in summer.
To be added to the waitlist for a session that has reached capacity, please complete this form.
Introduction to the Keys to Beginning Reading course: All participants registered for one of the spring Keys to Beginning Reading cohorts will need to attend one of the mandatory 30-minute Introduction to the Keys to Beginning Reading Course sessions scheduled the week of December 13th. All participants registered for a spring cohort that do not attend one of the 30-minute Introduction to the Keys to Beginning Reading Course sessions will not receive a manual and will be dropped from the course. Because participants are required to attend the 30-minute course introduction session in December, participants in a full day cohort will be released 30 minutes early on day 4 of the training and participants in a half day cohort will be released 15 minutes early on days 7 & 8 of the training.
The 30-minute Introduction to the Keys to Beginning Reading Course sessions will be scheduled on the following dates at the following times. All registered participants will receive an email with information on how to join one of the scheduled sessions the first week in December.
- Monday, December 13th: 4:30-5:00PM
- Tuesday, December 14th: 4:30-5:00PM
- Wednesday, December 15th: 4:30-5:00PM
- Thursday, December 16th: 4:30-5:00PM
Cohort 58, Half-Days
Register for Cohort 58 is closed
Cohort 59, Half-Days
Register for Cohort 59 is closed
Cohort 64, Half-Days
Register for Cohort 64 is closed
Cohort 65, Half-Days
Register for Cohort 65 is closed
Cohort 60, Full Day
Register for Cohort 60 is closed
Cohort 67, Full Day
Register for Cohort 67 is closed