Information and resources for educators, parents, and young adults preparing for employment.
Get a Job Toolkit
There are individual lessons in the Toolkit to give youth an opportunity to learn job readiness skills through instructor guidance and hands on activities (Job Search, Cover Letters, Job Skills, Applications, Resume Writing and Interviewing).
- Get a Job Toolkit (PDF)
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Vocational Rehabilitation is a State and Federally funded program designed to help eligible individuals with documented disabilities find suitable employment. Vocational Rehabilitation is a voluntary program and serves persons who want to work.
School to Work Alliance Program (SWAP)
SWAP is a collaborative initiative between the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) and local school districts, and is supported by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). SWAP is designed to provide employment-related assistance to youth and young adults with disabilities, who are experiencing mild to moderate barriers to employment. DVR’s SWAP partnerships serve an average of 2500 youth and young adults annually.
Technical Assistance - SWAP
Division of Department of Labor
- Workforce Centers
A free service to assist job seekers (job listings, career counseling, training, computer and internet access, etc.)
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
WIOA is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy.
Employment Resources and Websites
- Career and Academic Planning Guide: Preparing Today for Tomorrow (PDF)
- Cooperative Services Handbook for Youth in Transition / Manual de Servicios de Cooperacion Para lovenes en Transition
- Cooperative Assessment Guidelines for School Practitioners
- Disability Employment 101 (PDF)
- Job Accommodation Network Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Reasonable Accommodation (PDF)
- Technical Assistance: Unpaid Work Experience (PDF)
- Advanced Manufacturing
How to Manage Work-based Learning in Colorado K-20: A Collection of Ideas and Tools for Colorado Business and Educator Partners
- DBTAC: Rocky Mountain ADA Center
- Disability Disclosure
- Division of Career Development and Transition
- Healthy and Ready to Work
- Job Tips
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability