You are here
SLD Professional Learning Opportunities
What About Maths?
Growing our confidence in our mathematical content knowledge - yes we can!
Two 45 minute live webinars that will address the use of formal and informal assessment to drive student feedback to improve math outcomes for struggling students.
- Expand content knowledge
- Discuss the effectiveness of various mathematical pedagogical practices
- Explore how high quality tasks can positively impact conceptual understanding
- Use assessment data to inform feedback for students, families, and support teams
Elementary focus will be held on Wednesday 03/16/22 from 4:00 to 4:45 pm
Secondary focus will be held on Thursday 3/17/22 from 4:00 to 4:45 pm
Online - A Zoom link to attend the webinar will be sent to you.
- Juliana Tapper Math Intervention Specialist & Founder at CollaboratEd.
- Dr. Mindy Adair Director of Mathematics and Technology Integration Specialist at Denver Academy.
- Veronica Fiedler Specific Learning Disability Specialist with the Exceptional Student Services unit at Colorado Department of Education.
Assessing, Preventing and Overcoming Reading Difficulties
Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties is an on-demand eLearning series that was developed by David Kilpatrick, Ph.D., in collaboration with the Specific Learning Disability Specialist in the Exceptional Student Services Unit of the Colorado Department of Education.
Content of the webinar series was originally included in the book Essentials of Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties (Wiley, 2015).
This on-demand eLearning series is designed for use in multiple ways:
- Complete all 13 modules: Participants who engage in all thirteen modules will be provided a comprehensive learning experience encompassing research, impact, and critical elements of assessing, preventing, and overcoming reading difficulties.
- Complete individual modules: Participants may view a session/s for specific information and guidance on topics related to assessing, preventing and overcoming reading difficulties. This format is ideal for short professional development opportunities, e.g., during an Impact Team meeting or Professional Learning Community.
- Complete as a book or chapter study: Participants may view all or part or the series as a tandem companion or supplemental resource for supporting a study of the book: The Essentials of Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties (Kilpatrick, 2015)
At this time, this series is NOT set up for participants to receive any CDE credit hours.
Click on the green computer icon above to be directed to the professional development platform. You may enter as a guest. Once you have successfully completed all modules, you will have an opportunity to offer feedback.
This 40-minute video will discuss:
- the differences between MTSS and RtI and how they are interrelated.
- how to to build a body of evidence through an RtI process in order to determine eligibility for Specific Learning Disability.
- review considerations for English Learners during the eligibility process for special education services.
The Gray Area is a podcast where we examine pressing issues and common questions about Specific Learning Disability.
Visit the Colorado Department of Education's Professional Development Training Portal for a full list of professional development opportunities offered by the Colorado Department of Education.
For more information, please contact:
Email Veronica Fiedler
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.