Welcome! If you’re reading this, then you’re participating in the scheduled reauthorization of your Designated Agency.
On this page, you'll find a brief overview of the process for participating in the reauthorization process.
The Colorado Department of Education reauthorization process is an in-depth review of alternative educator preparation programs with the goal of continuous improvement to meet the standards established for each endorsement through the CDE Rules and Regulations.
CDE Reauthorization Goals
- Evaluate alignment of educator preparation program content to the CDE Rules and Regulations.
- Evaluate quality and depth of candidate experience so as to ensure CDE Rules and Regulations are met within the educator preparation program.
- Evaluate impact of completers/teacher candidates on student learning
- Provide opportunities for reflection about the educator preparation program and support a process of continuous improvement.
Please see below for specific resources regarding Designated Agency Reauthorization. Please submit all required materials to CDE six (6) weeks prior to your site visit.
- Reauthorization Calendar for Designated Agencies
- Teacher Quality Standard Matrix
- Principal Quality Standard Matrix
- Special Education Generalist Matrix
- Reauthorization Self-Reflection Guide
- Reauthorization Self-Reflection Report Template
- Reauthorization Sample Site Visit schedule
- Recorded Reauthorization webinars
Once you are ready to submit your reauthorization documentation, please use the Reauthorization Checklist to help guide your submission. If you should have any questions throughout this process, contact CDE's Educator Development Office.