You are here
Check the Status of an Application
Depending on the volume of applications received, evaluation time may be up to six weeks from your date of application. Please know, however, that we aim to provide your certificate much sooner. If you submitted your application after the date shown below, rest assured that your application is in the queue and will be evaluated in the order in which it was received.
A Note to Our Applicants
Dear Educator --
As is usual each summer, Educator Talent receives an influx in applications for educator credentials, and summer 2021 was no exception. With the introduction of a new system and technical gaffs that are often associated, we are running a little behind. Phone calls and emails about status, however, only slow us down and keep us from evaluating your application.
So that you can help us help you, we offer the following tips:
- To check the status of your application and/or background checks, log in to your COOL account. The status of your application will be shown on your dashboard. ("Submitted" means that we have not yet had the opportunity to evaluate your application and "Under Review" means that it is in the process of being evaluated.)
- To check the status of your background checks, log in to COOL and select "My Profile;" the correct status will be posted above your personal information.
- Earlier this month, many applicants received an automated notification immediately after submission indicating that they did not have a current background check on file. That was a technical error and may be ignored if:
- You hold another current/valid CDE-issued educator credential; or
- The status in your COOL profile indicates "Cleared FP Background Check." (Too, should you indeed need to submit fingerprints for a current background check, we will notify you upon evaluation of your application.)
We are well aware that the school year is well underway and that your jobs depend on you receiving a license. We also know that school districts are just as eager for your credentials to be issued as we are to issue them! Please help us to do that by calling or emailing only with questions or concerns that are not about background notifications or status checks.
The Educator Talent Licensure Consultants
All complete applications* received the week of Sept. 5, 2021. Please check your COOL account for more details.
*Applications received by CDE that, at the time of submission, have no background disclosures/issues and include all required information or documentation.
If you submitted an application prior to the date indicated, please check your COOL account for the status of your application and any notifications. It is possible that your evaluator has requested additional information that is needed to complete the review of your application.