You are here
CARES Act Funding for Libraries
CARES Act Funding through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
Funding for Round 2
The Colorado State Library (CSL) will distribute a total of $200,000 in non-competitive grants to select public library jurisdictions*(library district, municipal library, county library, joint library, etc.)
IMLS has set funding priorities based on the following:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Unemployment; and
- Broadband Availability.
The State Library has identified 18 counties* that have the highest need based on these funding priorities.
Library Jurisdictions in the identified counties* can apply for the grants. The simplified grant application is designed to capture only essential information.
We anticipate funding approximately 20 library jurisdictions with a maximum of $10,000 for each jurisdiction.
Grant funding must be used for any of the following:
- Device lending to patrons (hotspots, Chromebook, tablets, ereaders, etc.) Devices must be configured to ensure compliance with CIPA (filtering).
- Materials for virtual and low-touch passive programming (take and make crafts etc.)
- Unemployment resources (online tools, publications, etc.)
- eBooks / Audio Books
*At this time applications will be accepted from public library jurisdictions located in the following Colorado counties
Submit completed applications to:
Applications Due: Monday, August 24, 2020
Jean Marie Heilig
- CARES Act Grant Funding Application (Word)
- Allowable Expenditures (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Grant Implementation Webinar - Round 1