You are here
The BEST Grant Process & Beyond
Below is information regarding the BEST Grant process and additional resources.
Steps to Take Before Applying for a BEST Grant
- View the BEST Grant FAQ page, a comprehensive guide to BEST.
- Contact your Regional Program Manager to schedule a site visit and get started on planning for your BEST grant.
Planning is an essential component of a BEST grant. Here are several tools to help guide you through the planning process. Please refer to the BEST Grant Program FAQ for additional information.
- BEST Consultant/Contractor Selection Guidelines (PDF)
- BEST Owner's Representative Job Description (PDF)
- Public School Facilities Master Plan Guidelines (PDF)
For RFQ/P templates and assistance, please contact your Regional Program Manager.
The BEST Grant Application Process
- BEST Grant Application Information
- How Matching Percentages are Calculated (PDF)
- Current BEST Grant Cycle Timeline (PDF)
Once a Grant Application is Awarded
- Grantee Guide for Cash Grants (PDF)
- Grantee Guide for Lease Purchase Grants (PDF)
- Capital Construction Procurement
- Contracting for BEST Projects
All public schools in the State of Colorado are required to obtain permits and inspections through a State permitting process. The Division of Fire Prevention and Control is the responsible agency for issuing public school permits. You can contact them at 303-239-4600 or by clicking this link: Obtaining a Building Permit
Other Factors Which Could Affect Your Project
- BEST Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FFE) Guidelines (PDF)
- BEST Safety/Security Grant Supplemental Questionnaire (Word)
- BEST Capital Renewal Policy (PDF)
- High Performance Certification Program (HPCP)
- Important Roofing Information
For more information or if an alternative version of a document is needed, please contact BESTSchools@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-2153.