Established in 2008 with the signing of C.R.S.22-43.7, BEST provides an annual amount of funding in the form of competitive grants to school districts, charter schools, institute charter schools, boards of cooperative educational services, and the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind. BEST funds can be used for the construction of new schools as well as general construction and renovation of existing school facility systems and structures.
- Thinking of Applying for a BEST Grant? Click here to start the application process.
- Do you already have a grant or would like to learn more? Visit our Resource Page.
- Statewide Facility Assessment
- BEST Grant Program Rules and Resolutions
- BEST Stakeholder Presentation (BEST Program Accomplishments)
- BEST Grant Program Overview
- BEST Fact Sheet
BEST Grant Cycle Information
BEST Webinar Information
To view a past webinar, click on the date below:
- December 16, 2014 - BEST Grant Applicaiton Tutorial FY2015-16
- June 27, 2013 - Greening Colorado Schools: Engaging Students, Saving Energy, Saving Money
- December 13, 2012 - School Construction Delivery Methods
- December 12, 2012 - BEST Grant Application Tutorial FY2013-14
- October 19, 2012 - BEST Kick-off presentation (slideshow)
- April 26, 2012 - A step-by-step- tutorial of the BEST Fund request process
- April 19, 2012 - BEST Furniture, Fixture and Equipment (FF&E) Guidelines
- December 7, 2011 - A guide to BEST procurement
- December 7, 2011 - An in depth overview of BEST (slideshow only)
- December 6, 2011 - A step-by-step tutorial of the BEST Grant Application
- November 30, 2011 - An in depth overview of BEST
- November 17, 2011 - An in depth overview of BEST