The Colorado Standards and Assessments Task Force, established by the Colorado General Assembly (HB14-‐1202), is charged with studying the implications of the statewide assessment system for school districts, public schools, charter schools, educators and students and preparing a report of findings, including legislative recommendations, by January 31, 2015.
The Task Force, comprised of 15 members representing parents, teachers, administrators, school board members and the business community, meets monthly as a whole group and holds additional subgroup meetings as needed. The schedule of upcoming meetings and related materials can be found below. All monthly task force meetings will be held from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Colorado Standards and Assessments Task Force welcomes public input. The Task Force is particularly interested in the public's response to the following questions:
- What would an effective statewide assessment system include?
- How could Colorado improve its assessment system? Please provide specific examples.
- Are you familiar with the local assessments that are administered to students according to requirements for your district? If so, do you believe these assessments are valuable? Why?
Stakeholders attended a series of public hearings in October and November and are invited to provide written responses to these questions and/or any other feedback by sending an e-mail to email@example.com . Written comments will be shared with the Task Force at each meeting and posted on the web page.
Please note: The Task Force has no authority to grant waivers for individual students from state mandated tests. Please do not submit e-mails requesting waivers. These e-mails will not be shared with the Task Force Members.
Upcoming MeetingsFriday, January 9, 2015 - Monthly Task Force Meeting
Monday, January 12, 2015 - Monthly Task Force Meeting
Location: Cherry Creek School District's Instructional Support Facility, 5416 S. Riviera Way, Centennial
Task Force Meeting Materials
Subgroup Meeting Materials
Background Materials and Resources
- NEW - Updated Final Assessment Study Report
- NEW - 2014-2015 District Improvement Plan Template
- NEW - Supporting School & District Accountability during the 2015 Assessment Transition
- NEW - Colorado Standardized Assessment Grid
- NEW - Evaluation Rules about Student Growth for Principals & Teachers
- NEW - Superintendents and BOCES Directors letter on New Assessments & Accountability
- NEW - Teacher Growth Requirements
- NEW - Poudre School District Assessment Review
- Solicitation for Colorado K-12 Assessments Cost & Implementation Study
- Colorado Assessment Teacher Survey
- Colorado Assessment District Administrator Survey
- Colorado Assessment School Administrator Survey
- Background on State Assessment System
- Assessment Continuum
- Quick Reference on Federal and State Required Asssessments
- Colorado Standardized Assessment Grid
- Statewide Assessment Timeline
- Preliminary Report of Themes from the First Administration of Science and Social Studies Assessments and PARCC Field Testing
- Assessment Fact Sheet
- WestEd Assessment Implementation Study - Final Report
- WestEd Assessment Implementation Study - PowerPoint
- APA Response to Solicitation
- APA Final Contract and Scope of Work
- APA Presentation to the Task Force
- CDE Responses to Question from the Task Force
- Sample CMAS Student Performance Report - Science
- Sample CMAS Student Performance Report - Social Studies
- CMAS Science and Social Studies Interpretative Guide to Assessment Reports
- Proposals Submitted in Response to the Request for Proposal for the State Assessment System
Task Force Members
- Adele Bravo, Colorado Education Association (CEA), Broomfield, Public School Teacher Representative
- Jay Cerney, Cherry Creek Academy, Englewood, Charter School Representative
- John Creighton, St. Vrain Valley Schools, Longmont, School Board Director Representative
- Bethany Drosendahl, Cheyenne Mountain School District 12, CO Springs, Parent Representative
- Lisa Escarcega, Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, District Administrator Representative
- Bill Jaeger, Colorado Childen's Campaign, Denver, Organization that represents low performing students
- Tony Lewis, Donnell-Kay Foundation, CSI Board, Denver, Charter School Institute Representative
- Donna Lynne, Chair, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Morrison, Business Representative
- Syna Morgan, JeffCo Schools , District Administrator Representative
- Luke Ragland, Colorado Succeeds, Denver, Business Representative
- Dan Snowberger, Durango School District, Durango, District Administrator Representative
- Ilana Spiegel, Supportive Parents, Educators and Students (SPEAK), Centennial, Parent Representative
- Dane Stickney, Strive Prep Charter School, Denver, School Teacher Representative
- Nancy Tellez, Poudre School District Board of Education, Fort Collins, School Board Director Representative
- Susan Van Gundy, PARCC, Golden, PARCC representative
Note: Task Force members serve as volunteers, without compensation for time or expenses associated with attending meetings.
For more information, contact the HB 1202 Task Force facilitator, Laura Lefkowits, at firstname.lastname@example.org.