You are here
BIPOC Parent Listening Sessions - Session 2
Event Date and Time
This fall members of the Exceptional Student Services Unit from the Colorado Department of Education are hosting BIPOC Parent Listening Sessions. Our priority is to attend to the perspectives of representative voices when making decisions about policy, training and supports designed for students with exceptionalities. The desired outcome for these four fall listening sessions is to learn from parents about ways to better serve and support BIPOC students with exceptionalities.
Members of the Exceptional Student Services Unit are inviting BIPOC* parents/families of students with exceptionalities to a virtual listening session.
The purpose of the listening session is to:
- Listen to and gain families' perspectives of what is going well and what needs improvement in special and gifted education.
- Build on what is going well and develop support to address identified needs.
- Better understand the needs of Colorado’s BIPOC and bilingual families across the state to empower them to better support their child’s individual needs.
- Form a partnership with Colorado’s BIPOC and bilingual families to meet their unique needs by providing them with targeted guidance and support.
*BIPOC is an acronym that stands for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
All Sessions will be held virtually
- Session 1: Saturday, September 10, 2022 from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Session 2: Thursday, September 29, 2022 from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Session 3: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 from Noon - 1:00 PM
- Session 4: Friday, November 11 for Spanish speaking families/parent from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Registration closes two weeks before the event.