Event Date and Time
This two-day training was created for all school personnel who evaluate individuals for special education services.
This training will cover:
- The wide range of characteristics and abilities of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Strategies for having difficult conversations around suspected ASD
- Procedures and tools — including assessments outside the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) — for conducting comprehensive evaluations to determine ASD eligibility in 3- to 21-year-olds
- Opportunities to enrich body of evidence in the IEP
- Development of appropriate programming, supports and services using tools provided
School personnel who identify students as having ASD must FULLY understand how it presents in an educational setting. That in mind, this advanced workshop is designed for those who already have a solid foundational understanding of Autism.
Durango Recreation Center
2700 Main Avenue
Durango Colorado 80906